Friday, April 29, 2011

Madness Echoes

Do the very scary kitchen sounds that echo through the madness
Bring you down?
Do the very scary bedroom scenes that echo through the madness
Twist your dreams?
Do the very scary snakes and birds that echo through the madness
Make it worse?

Echoes never come first.
Madness is like smoke,
It follows fire.

And the fire that envelops me
Touches me
Caresses me
Tosses me on flaming waves
In an endless ocean of sadness.

And the lifeline that I'm holding to
Praying to
Expecting to
Reach you
Leads nowhere.
It's all just dreams
That echo through the madness.

Do the visions in this new dimension
Where no story has a happy ending
Penetrate your sadness
Creep into your madness
To echo through your mind
Like a neon highway sign
To a false reality?

Or is it me?

Madness echoes.
This I know.
Madness makes the echoes grow.
Madness hides behind my face.
Echoes come to take my place.

- G. Laidlaw

© Copyright by the Author. All rights reserved. Used with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment