Wednesday, February 9, 2011

FREAK OUT (Standing In The Rain)

I'm standing in the rain
And I haven't got a coat
Someone took my sun away
Someone stole my boat
Someone turned my fan up high
And blew away my notes


That's when I freaked out
I got a little strange
No doubt I freaked out
Now I'm standing in the rain


And I cry


I'm standing here in horns
And they haven't got my size
Someone said I love you
Someone told me lies
Someone revved my motor up
Then went with other guys


You know I freaked out
Freaked out


Someone made a dope deal
Someone killed a dream
Someone got wet in the rain one night
And that someone was me


Cause I freaked out
Freaked out


I did some of this did some of that
You know I wanted to belong
I didn't figure once would hurt
But man was I proved wrong
I guess my watch must have stopped
Where have those years all gone


Must have freaked out
Cause I'm standing in the rain
Today Tomorrow Yesterday
Somehow they're all the same
Cause when you're freaked out
Freaked out
And you're standing in the rain
You have to admit there's no dodging it
Your brain's the one to blame


FREAK OUT
FREAK OUT
FREAK OUT


There's pain in the rain
There's rain in the pain
There's blame in the brain
And there's shame in the blame


So I cry


I'm standing in the rain
And I just can't catch the tide
Thought I had it all worked out
Thought I had it locked inside
But it all went to hell in a glass-bottomed boat
The day John Lennon died


That's when I freaked out
Turned upside down inside out
That's when I freaked out
Freaked out


Someone pulled the plug out
Cause I'm standing in the rain
Yes I'm standing in the rain again
And I'm getting wet


So I cry

- G Laidlaw

© Copyright by the Author. All rights reserved. Used with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment