Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Flowers and Flower Quotes 01

I like flowers and I like how thoughts bloom in the mind. Here are some pics I've shot with 'blooms' others have thought.(You can see enlarged images of the photos by cli cking on them with your mouse.)


When at last I took the time to look into the heart
of a flower, it opened up a whole new world; a world
where every country walk would be an adventure,
where every garden would become an enchanted one.
- Princess Grace of Monaco


There is material enough in a single flower
for the ornament of a score of cathedrals.
- John Ruskin


Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin;
yet I tell you,
even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
- Bible, Matthew, 6:28-29


Art is the unceasing effort to compete with the beauty of flowers
and never succeeding.
- Marc Chagall

No comments:

Post a Comment